Very succinctly put, the main topics dealt with in the context of PhD program research are as follows:
- consolidating the disciplinary core of design, with its values of aesthetics, form, function, and meaning;
- the various disciplinary approaches to designing (co -design: user-centered design, emotional design, design for all, participatory design);
- developing and sharing the methods and tools that distinguish the designer from the other professions involved in design-research activities;
- the designer´s capacity to be a change agent in favor of a more equitable, accessible, and sustainable society;
- design´s capacity to lend value to material and intangible goods;
- the emergence of new systems and models of production and consumption;
- the relationship between design and distinct but complementary disciplines (design and management, design and the humanities, design and engineering).